Replace missing gutters and downspouts to prevent serious siding and foundation damage that may cost you $10,000 or more to repair.
Your home may be your castle, but if you’re missing downspouts and sections of gutter, you’ll certainly have a moat where daisies once flourished. Excess water near your foundation risks thousands of dollars in foundation repairs. The good news is that gutter or downspout replacement only requires about $15 worth of materials and three to four hours of your time.
How to Replace Missing Gutters
More often than not, an entire 10-foot section of gutter will be damaged or missing. Use a hacksaw and tin snips to cut shorter lengths of replacement gutter.
- Grab two ladders and enlist a helper.
- Remove any old joint connectors and scrape any sealant or gunk off the existing gutter.
- Do a test fit with new joint connectors.
- Fill the ends of the new joint connectors with sealant before installing the gutter.
- Loosen adjacent hangers if needed to add the replacement section.
- Add hangers every 3 feet. Confirm that the gutter is pitched toward the downspout at a slope of 1/4-inch for every 10 feet.
Call me today to get your home sold fast!