If bleach is your chicken soup for whatever ails your home, proceed with caution.
- Eat through the sealant on stone surfaces like granite
- Discolor laminate and colored grout
- Fade enamel and acrylic tubs
- Dissolve vinyl and linseed-based flooring like linoleum
- Corrode seals within the disposal
In addition, bleach kills mold on non-porous surfaces, but can feed future mold growth on absorbent and porous materials, like grout. Yep, whitening grout with bleach creates a mold feeding ground. Whoops.
Better options? Water and vinegar are all you need for most cleaning jobs. If you’ve got a heftier mold or mildew issue, apply a commercial anti-fungal product.