The wrong paint color can be a big turn-off to potential home buyers.
1. Painting a ceiling a flat white color. All white paint has a bit of gray in it, and it takes the room down. Instead, try a cream shade.
2. Too many colors from room to room.
3. Using the same color palette for the entire house. On the flip side, home owners who only stick to one color palette may be making the home too bland.
4. Matching too much. You never want to match your walls to a color in one of your fabrics. It will be too strong. Find a grayed-out version of the color.
5. Use neutrals to balance out color. Some home owners may be tempted to go overboard with one color.