Trends come and go,so here’s a list of a few of those faded home design trends we hope never come back in style.
1. Plastic furniture covers.
2. Popcorn ceilings: Textured ceilings scream 70s and 80s décor.
4. U-shaped toilet rugs and covers: Remove those U-shaped covers along the bases of toilets and the matching toilet seat cover. They can make the bathroom appear unclean – by trapping moisture and bacteria.
5. Fabric overload: Floral prints and copious fabric in every corner of a room may have been on trend in the 1980s, but it may be long overtime to weed out some of those prints. Ruffled skirts on pieces of furniture and floral curtains just may be too much for home buyers’ tastes nowadays.
6. Hanging plants: Hanging houseplants from your ceiling can make a home look like a “jungle.” Instead, keep the greenery in a pot on the table or shelf.